Sunday, June 26, 2011

Getting Dirty....

Before I tell you about my weekend I'll let you in on a little fact.....MURPHY HATES ME! Who is Murphy you ask? He's the Murphy in Murphy's Law...you know, the one who says what can go wrong, inevitably WILL go wrong!

I started out this weekend ready to do some cleaning. I loaded up the car, hopped in and started to back out of the parking space to make a quick trip to the local Goodwill Store just 10 minutes down the road. My quick, thirty minute trip turned into wekk over a two-hour process due to the flat tire that had developed over night.

Instead of calling AAA to have them come out and fix it I decided to do it myself. My car haveing been sandwiched between the other resident's vehicles I didn't think they'd be able to fit between the cars to do the job. So....out came everything from the trunk; the organizer, the roadside emergency kit, the spare tire and the jack....

After that hour-long process I drove to Les Schwab to find out that not only had that tire worn out one of the back tires was in the same shape and had I had to replace not just one tire, but two! They changed them out for me and then set me up with an appointment to come back later in the afternoon to have my allignment fixed...might as well get it all done at once.

THAT WAS YESTERDAY.....

Today I got up, and along with my other errand stopped by NAPA Auto Parts to get a replacement light bulb for my headlight that burned out over a month ago. I drove back to the apartment, popped the hood of my Hyundai and set about changing the headlight. AND because, as I've already stated, Murphy hates me, it wasn't the easy headlight to change....Nooooo....it was the one under the plastic plate and in front of the battery, both of which had to be removed before the headlight could be changed! But I did it, I got it all taken out, the light changed and put back together (the right way too)! I am WOMAN....hear me ROAR!


(Sorry for the bluriness, it was hard trying to hold the phone steady and try to keep it from getting grimy like my hands!)


Who's afraid of a little dirt.....certainly not me!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You go, girl! Proud of you!

Aizia said...

Haven't you heard? There are these things out there that will do this sort of thing for you....they're called boys...